Are You Familiar With EPDM Rubber Materials?
I'm sure you're not strange with EPDM of silicone rubber products which is widely used in automotive rubber parts. This rubber material has deeply penetrated into all aspects of our lives. But do you really understand it?
The full name of EPDM is Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer. It is a terpolymer of ethylene, propylene and a non-conjugated diene, commercially produced in 1963. The world's annual consumption is 800,000 tons. The main feature of EPDM is its superior resistance to oxidation, ozone, and corrosion. Because EPDM belongs to the polyalkene (PA66) hydrocarbon family, it features excellent vulcanization properties. EPDM takes up the lowest proportion of all rubbers. It can absorb a large amount of filler and oil without affecting the characteristics. Therefore it can be used to produce the inexpensive rubber compound.
EPDM can be cured with organic peroxide or sulfur. However, compared with the sulfur vulcanization, EPDM owns a higher temperature resistance, lower compression set, and improved vulcanization properties when used in the wire and cable industry. The bad part is its higher cost.
EPDM comes in good air tightness, excellent ozone resistance, aging and heat resistance, largely applied to automotive rubber fields, such as automotive antenna waterproof gasket, automotive wiring harness bellows, doors and windows seals, shock pads.
- September 3, 2018Modern automobiles not only require high safety and comfort but also have the characteristics of high speed and lightweight. The adoption of a large number of lightweight structures places higher dema...view
- September 3, 2018There are many kinds of the rubber auto parts except the tires. Generally, one car is equipped with 200 to 300 kinds of rubber auto parts, and some wagons and industrial cars can have 400 to 600 piece...view
- September 3, 20181. Fatigue performanceIn rubber products, there are some potential defects, which are caused by the stress concentration of the product when it is repeatedly deformed, causing changes in structure and...view
- April 13, 2018I believe many people have met this problem: the surface of rubber products gets whiten after a period of use. Do you particularly feel troublesome about this problem? Today I'll give you the reasons ...view
- August 6, 2018The bushings are divided into conventional rubber bushings and hydraulic rubber bushings. They belong to the rubber parts of the automobile chassis. They are the hinge points between the various parts...view
- June 22, 2018During driving, a lot of jitters are caused by the mechanical vibration of the engine, the transmission itself and the roughness of the road. In order to suppress these jitters and isolate them from t...view