Are You Familiar With EPDM Rubber Materials?
I'm sure you're not strange with EPDM of silicone rubber products which is widely used in automotive rubber parts. This rubber material has deeply penetrated into all aspects of our lives. But do you really understand it?
The full name of EPDM is Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer. It is a terpolymer of ethylene, propylene and a non-conjugated diene, commercially produced in 1963. The world's annual consumption is 800,000 tons. The main feature of EPDM is its superior resistance to oxidation, ozone, and corrosion. Because EPDM belongs to the polyalkene (PA66) hydrocarbon family, it features excellent vulcanization properties. EPDM takes up the lowest proportion of all rubbers. It can absorb a large amount of filler and oil without affecting the characteristics. Therefore it can be used to produce the inexpensive rubber compound.
EPDM can be cured with organic peroxide or sulfur. However, compared with the sulfur vulcanization, EPDM owns a higher temperature resistance, lower compression set, and improved vulcanization properties when used in the wire and cable industry. The bad part is its higher cost.
EPDM comes in good air tightness, excellent ozone resistance, aging and heat resistance, largely applied to automotive rubber fields, such as automotive antenna waterproof gasket, automotive wiring harness bellows, doors and windows seals, shock pads.
- June 22, 2018During driving, a lot of jitters are caused by the mechanical vibration of the engine, the transmission itself and the roughness of the road. In order to suppress these jitters and isolate them from t...view
- September 3, 2018Check whether there is any big crack or fracture in the seal. If the seal is broken, it can be repaired with a binder. Using the special seal adhesive can patch up the big cracks easily. Of course, if...view
- August 6, 2018From the whole vehicle, in addition to tires and internal and external decorative rubber parts, rubber parts are required to be classified into three categories according to their types.1. HoseFor eng...view
- September 3, 2018Heat resistanceIn order to ensure the durability of the product, one of the things that must be considered in the design of the damping rubber is the performance retention over time. The reason for th...view
- September 3, 2018The automotive bellows are tubular elastic sensing components joined by foldable crepe sheets in the direction of folding and contracting. Its open end is fixed, the sealed end is free, and the auxili...view
- October 8, 2018The rapid development of China's automotive industry is promoting the related supporting industries, especially the rubber industry. Over the years, automotive rubber parts have developed into a uniqu...view