What Caused Poor Vulcanization Of Silicone Rubber Products?
We often meet poor vulcanization in the production of silicone rubber products, also called "unfamiliar" vulcanization. The result is seriously bad if the customer gets such products. What are the factors that caused such poor vulcanization?
First, the improper ration of the curing agent. We all know that the raw materials we purchase are raw rubber. We need to add curing agent Masterbatch to it. This has strict requirements based on the material formula. We should measure accurately the with according to formula and add them as the required proportion. If the ratio is not right, it will affect the material properties, leading to poor vulcanization products.
Second, uneven distribution of curing agent mixing. When curing agent adding to the mixing area, if the distribution is too focused or dispersed, it will lead to poor vulcanization.
Thirdly, too high or low curing temperature. Molding mold surface temperature should be based on the different characteristics of the material to set the appropriate temperature. The mold temperature should be evenly distributed, not too high or low.
Fourth, lack of curing time. each material has a vulcanization time to be fully vulcanized. The result is different if the curing time is different even using the same material formula.Some manufacturers may reduce the vulcanization molding time to meet the production capacity. At first sight, we cannot find the problems from the surface. But in fact, the product is not fully cured, cannot meet the actual performance. Such products will be relatively in poor physical properties, such as anti-aging or tear-resistance.
- April 13, 2018I'm sure you're not strange with EPDM of silicone rubber products which is widely used in automotive rubber parts. This rubber material has deeply penetrated into all aspects of our lives. But do you ...view
- September 3, 2018Modern automobiles not only require high safety and comfort but also have the characteristics of high speed and lightweight. The adoption of a large number of lightweight structures places higher dema...view
- August 6, 2018Importance of CNC(Computerized Numerical Control) system in the auto parts manufacturing processWith the rapid development of the automobile industry, the efficient, high precision and high stability ...view
- September 3, 2018The rapid development of China's automobile industry has promoted the development of other related industries, especially the rubber industry. Over the past few years, auto rubber parts have developed...view
- September 3, 2018China's economy is still developing rapidly. As the contradiction between the resources and the environment is increasingly intensifying, according to the requirements of Scientific Outlook on Develop...view
- September 3, 2018Die casting parts are a kind of pressure casting part, it is produced through the process as follows: Pour the metal (such as copper, zinc, aluminum, aluminum alloy, etc.) that has been heated into li...view